Friday, April 17, 2009

Is there a 6th sense?

I think that there might be.  How do I prove it?  I can't but some people are more adept at reading people's emotions than other people.  Some people call this emotional intelligence.  But how can we become more emotionally intelligent.

Well, take for instance, crossing arms.  It puts the body in a defensive position, so if you cross your arms a lot people's 6th sense is going to detect that you have something to hide or that you don't like their company.

Facial expressions have a lot to do with it.  Smile, even if you don't have perfect teeth, a smile can put somebody at ease.

Hand gestures can also feed into people's 6th sense about you.  Big hand gestures can accent a conversation well.  I'm part italian, so my family uses hand gestures all the time.  I have even heard it said that babies that use hand gestures to get what they want grow to be more intelligent than children who do not use hand gestures.

Food for thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment